Right now we are on a little adventure.. at least I rather think so.. We are getting our little abode ready to sell.. We are dashing through the snow to doctors appointments, and over the hills we go to Oma & Opa's house...frequent visits here and there, on top of school and piano, and the hardware store to get this or that to fix this or that... It feels very adventuresome to me..
Between the broken, yet VERY soon to be fixed dryer, and the broken, but VERY soon to be fixed windows, and the many rooms I have painted and re-decorated in such a short amount of time, I feel like I've been on HGTV for goodness sake, or a reality HG TV show! ha ha :) so funny are these days, so filled with joy, and laughter, tears and exhaustion... They are hard days, but they are good days...
Rob has work. So many dear and beloved friends do not. I would say at this point in my life, it seems more of my pals husbands are out of work than at work... and we are so thankful to the Lord for work. Now Rob is really working hard too! If you read this blog for any length of time you know that Rob working can lead to *ADVENTURING*... but
I have felt rather confident that there would be NO adventures on the near horizon. Why? because I was told there were no adventures on the horizon.... THAT is why.
Yet after 15 years of marriage one would think that I would THINK beyond those words...
And base ALL my living and breathing upon EXPERIENCE rather than mere words...
see Rob is pretty good at his job. His company is pretty good at what they do too :) This leads to swift and "exciting" and unplanned changes... (yet after 10 years there I have lapses in recalling this) That said, he's been sort of .... slated.... docked... perhaps assigned... or offered.. (frankly i don't know how it works) but it's 2 different assignments........
One to North Carolina....... Leaving January 2?
One to Costa Rica .............Leaving mid to end of January?
basically 2 exciting adventures back to back...
my comment was.... an open mouth...
his...
"well it'll have BEEN 6 months since the last GREAT adventure!"
Clearly he is super excited about this..
His favorite adventures are the January adventures..
He does NOT like winter anywhere NEAR Chicago...
Wouldn't you be excited too????
that isn't rhetorical... you can reply!
can I get the house on the market by the NEW YEAR? and still LOVE .... and have a merry Christmas?
will my health handle an adventure right now...? or
How would I handle single parenting with a house on the market for a month while homeschooling?
Would it be fun to get away? To drive to NC with kids, see Biltmore and come home and fly to Costa Rica? (with out the kids)
If the house WAS on market... my realtor would probably be thrilled to have us OUT for a month, as we actually LIVE, school, and do everything IN our home... especially in January...
so....
how ADVENTUROUS am I?
How adventurous are you?
Am I too old @38 to be this spontaneous.. is this even considered spontaneous?
can I pull it all together that fast ....?
(confessing that I have 14 days to start shopping for Christmas gifts..........)
hmmmm
To Adventure or NOT to Adventure....
That IS the Question.........
Aren't Husbands SOOOOO fun and exciting! :)
My life would be so boring with out him! :)
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment