Little ones love to lick their lips as they get chapped in the winter...
Especially little ones with allergies... They can have tactile texture issues.....
So describes my darling Buddy....
A lip licker... who has SWORN off licking
like an addict who falls off the wagon daily...
And yet as Buddy nears Christmas...
and hears all these stories from people about that "Santa" guy....
he's REALLY trying to obey the Mama commandment
"thou shalt not lick"
and he's showing a LOT of improvement....
I think getting closer to becoming 5 is all part of having that....
what would you call it?
small kid....self control....
but ... not really ...
he's really excited about his Bible verse...
"even a child is known by his deeds by whether what he does is pure and right"
so.....
that said..
he's TRYING.. whith all the power a sweet little 4 year old can muster
to NOT
LICK the LIPS
now tradition has it with all lick lipping 4 year olds
as with all frozen faced darlings
Mama smothers Petroleum Jelly
or Vaseline all over the sweet faces
in the deep dead of Winter...
and this has always served me fine...
Until today...
the last couple times I put some on Buddy...
i noticed.
it wasn't helping.
I actually accused him of
slipping...
of falling of the wagon and licking ..
He swore he hadn't...
Tonight his lips looked just a wee bit cracked...
and I thought after tooth brushing we ought to smear some on...
you know...
before bed, so we don't have 15 up and down the stairs before
ACTUALLY getting to bed... :)
well, when I found Buddy upstairs
he was near crying...
His lips were swollen, and DARK red.
So.... we scrubbed the darlings face...
tried lotion...
burn....
scrub...
Jojoba oil...
relief....
only ONE time down so far....
we are Pre viewing the Latest
Night at the Museum....
the kids are hoping it makes the grade :)
if anyone knows about
Petroleum allergies...
I'd be thrilled to have information...
Looks like I need to chat with the Doctor about YET another symptom....
but for now...
I'm back to my film...
his lips seem calm...
Dye-free Benedryl is on standbye
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment