The Company Christmas Party!!!!!!!!
so so so fun!
I love the people my husband works with...
I do...
he works with some really really LOVELY people!
The owner/CEO flew in from Germany and made his nice speech...
he seems very nice...
but I wonder...
does he know.....
how many lovely people... how much talent he has working for him?
Perhaps he does... He really is blessed!!!!!!
His company is really doing well when so many are not...
and if you were to be at the dinner as I was,
and meet these minds,
these souls,
you would be impressed I tell you!
seriously EXCELLENT!
What a great bunch!
So that said...
this was the year that the Man passed his 10 year ANNIVERSARY!...
he's going on 11...
so he it was bestowed upon HIM the famed STEIN ....
yes... a beer stein....
from Germany!
It is beautiful.
and I have a photo... I hope to get ON here at some point! of the Man and His Stein :)
with Peter, his Pal who hired him... and His Stein...
Peter's been there 20 years!
So...
it's a BIG stinking deal to get the Stein...
like MOOSE LODGE
big
I can't EVEN tell you HOW much Rob has been LOOKING forward to getting his Stein!
it was like a triumphant moment in the MAN's LIFE!!!!!!!!
he actually has a collection...
He is hoping to have a special shelf one day...
and have the 10 year Company Stein ON the Shelf...
right...so...
are you TRACKING with this...?
this...is... a....BIG deal...!
he is sooo happy...!
and they put it in a shiny blue bag...
so every where we went all night..
he's like
"honey... ya got the bag?"
and there I am, smiling, saying, "yep, here it is!"
watching and KEEPING safe the Stein!
because, it is like 10 years of LABOR...
and he finally gave birth to this baby!
He's gonna go to the store tomorrow or something and buy the most fancy German beer,
just one bottle
and pour it in nice and slow
and drink it out of that
beautiful
stein....
so there I am
babysitting the Stein
all night long...
Then Derek, whose ALSO been there 10 years
has me sort of watching his Stein too...
so... I am the Stein Sitter...
But that is fine with me...
I am having fun, talking with Gidget, and Claudia...
and other amazing ladies all night long...
really, as I baby sit the Stein...
THEN
Low and behold
the BOSS's wife,
(she is simply a DOLL of a woman! soooooo sooo sweet)
she comes right up to me...
with a big bag... FULL of left over food...
food she says...
for me...
because I have children...
I should feed the children...
( Now... I know this seems funny,
it WAS funny, it is WHY I love this woman..
she is SO fantastic...
she feeeeeels like family...
like an Aunt or something...
like my children are starving
and NEED food
like there is not a morsel in the fridge
and they all need fattening up..
now really, she ACTUALLY isn't EVEN attempting to imply THAT at all..
But... in the jovial state EVERYONE was in...
it just sort of comes OUT that way, and makes me...
want to....
giggle...
and so I hugged her ..)
and gladly took the bag to feed my starving children...
(no... she NEVER said that...NEVER... I swear... she did NOT!
it really is the writer in me taking funny liberties... like if I were to make a movie of my life.. I would have two scenes.. the one of what she ACTUALLY Said... and what I think it would be funnier if she were saying... does that make any sense?) well anyway....she ROCKS....
So now... I am babysitting
a big brown bag of food...
for the starving children
and two blue bags...
that contain the German Grails
no sorry
the Steins...
and I don't mind Sitting...
That is fine...
I will sit with my coka
till it is time to go... and we get on the coats and scarves and so forth and so on..
and now it is time to walk to the hotel in high heels...
in the snow
in the mini storm...
and the bag
that BLUE bag...
was really really
bad
and from someplace like the
a-hem...
dollarstore???
so ...
I have my purse
and the MAN grabs the big brown strong bag of food..
to feed the starving children...
that we don't have....
(we have children..they just aren't starving.. and we won't see them... because we are staying at a hotel)
and the blue bag with ONE strap instead of two...
but he grabs them with one hand to help ME on the slick road...
see what a gentleman I have??
:)
and the bottom DROPS out of the stinking Blue bag..
I KID YOU NOT
The beautiful
German
Stein...
broke
in
5
pieces
in
the
parking lot
yes
oh
yes
it's true...
the food was fine...
the man
was heart broken...
we were in shock.. we just sort of stood there ....after hearing the sound... we KNEW it broke... We gathered it up, and I carried It back to the room Like the baby it is... to him... 10 years.. he said...
he just kept saying it..
10 years...
10 damn years
10 years
10 bloody years
10 years
10 stinking years
10 years
10 blasted years
10 years
10 and it broke... just like THAT...
over and over....
so sad.... such a labor of love... dashed to pieces... because of a Man being a gentleman.... and a cheap dollarstore bag... JUST not doing it's job...
in the end... he forgot the food in the hotel room anyways! can you believe it!
shhhhh don't tell the kids....
they ALWAYS say that their "starving"
What EVER!
That was the Christmas Party!
Great food...
Beautiful Stein....10 year Stein...
Dashed to pieces...
now...
to glue to glue to glue.....
putting it ALL back together again...
my humpty dumpty
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Wow! A somber tragedy beautifully told. Poor Rob!
In 8 years when I get my home schooling stein I'll give it to him.
Post a Comment