Wednesday, December 09, 2009

home making........

Fiasco's!  yes fiasco's I tell ya!
ha!
so we went without garbage bags for a couple days and now I am laughing at how far behind my boys are in empyting the garbage in the bathrooms... I hate sounding like a nag, but it's getting sort of funny saying.. "honey, ya need to take out the trash in the bath too.." "did you remember..." ha ha and they are simply SO distracted with the WINTER WONDERLAND outside!  so one bath gets done, but their mind is on to something else before the rest are remembered... and it's just silly!
Our windows are 1/2 replaced, our window guy got sick in hospital.. so we are praying for Dave the Window Guy and totally don't have a clue when that project will be completed :)
soon we will get the downstairs flooring done...
and there is much controversy about to carpet or not the upstairs...
We only have ONE more room to paint, and the doors to paint too :) HURRAY
and then....
then, our dryer broke again!
yes...
again...
last time I was WITH OUT for 9 months.. some people actually host babies in their wombs for this amount of time, infact I have done it 3 times running... and let me tell you, it is a Long time to be with out a working dryer... what saved my marriage you wonder...
he swept me off to the SOUTH OF FRANCE.... yes literally To The South of France !.... read April, May, June & July if you want details :)We were gone, yes for nearly 90 days I didn't even THINK of my broken down dryer... not even a THOUGHT :)
Then we came home and it was summer, and its quite fine to dry things out of doors in the fresh Sunshine Air..
and finally he fixed it...
then another part broke... and for a moment I grew concerned at the thought of another 9 month incubation period w/out ... any South of France in sight to whisk me away :)
So today the new part arrived and he has intentions of fixing it  :) so I will be .... reluctantly hopeful...
but hopeful none the less, as I watch my beautiful outdoor drying racks being used inside, and drying my clothing at an annoyingly slow rate :)  its fantasticly humorous!
So there are these growing mountains of clothing needing to be cleaned, and towers of clothing drying in this place and that... and then there was that room we just painted!  So the loft is all a clutter with the items belonging to said room...
Princess' room..  It's rather a site to behold!
and my darling beloved, precious husband was ever so hopeful that somehow I would actually put the room back to straights this week... which OF course I am ever so eager to do, because tripping over the things, and the piles of laundry is really NOT as fun as it is funny! Yet somehow it's awfully hard to do when you are not "MAN STRONG"
what IS this MAN STRENGTH???
Talking with Mari yesterday, we really were perplexed... with our husbands that is.  Projects that we struggle with for months waging war with, they simply pick up and move... example : my daughters DRESSER, or an engine block, or a refrigerator, or something AWFUL and HUGE, and impossible to move!
They just MOVE it, and Then looking at us eager and NOT showing any sweat or strife or stress AT all, say, "so what next" as we fall down in total shock...  Like they are superhero's or some such thing!
We both agreed what we really NEED to do, OUGHT to do, is make a list of all the manly things that NEED moving, and then when they are FEELING the need to just BE helpful ... spring it on them.. when they pull the old, " what next", or  the " is that all dear?" we can lovingly reply, "yes, can you do this too? and ...." can YOU imagine how much could get done before LUNCH if only we put some actual THOUGHT into how to USE this MAN STRENGTH to our advantage rather than struggling with that blasted dresser ourselves...?
So... the discussion with Mari, has convicted me, that I am WASTING God's good energy in ALL the wrong area's and NEED to just LET my beloved man DO what HE was so obviously, and beautifully created to do so well... move the dresser, lift the heavy thing .... and I will wait... if it bothers him, he will move it..in his time.... I just need to plan how to re organize her room and sort the piles of laundry till they reach the ceiling... so that WHEN the dryer works I can really HIT the wash like mad! :)
or hit the laundry mat.......... ;)
but I am fairly good at organizing chaos now... after 15 years of marriage, and life with a teenager...
I don't know why I try to make things "just so" they are NOT, and probably will NEVER be..
LIFE IS MESSY as my pal Teri says!
and ya gotta Roll with the punches....
so.... in the spirit of rolling, I will sort, and Wait on the Lord... and on my husband and his Amazing *MAN strength* :)
I will teach in the very TIDY zones :) and try to keep the HOME CLEAN, even if it's utterly chaotic :)
and i will learn....
because God is still TRYING to teach me to just OWN the concept...
to
JUST
NOT
SWEAT
THE
SMALL
STUFF
when it comes to
LIFE
and HOME MAKING
because
I am NOT on staff for
Better Homes & Gardens
or HGTV
and MY home
is where we 5 loveable sinners actually LIVE :)
and we're having fun doing it :)
in FACT  ... I am even thinking about being reckless and baking some cookies!

No comments: