Monday, December 28, 2009

New Beginnings....

Today is a messy sort of day...
We are or rather....
Rob has
taken down the tree
with the help
or rather not so much
of the blessings.....
Rob has taken the books off the bookshelves
and is moving them up to the loft...
(this is quite the task as we have rather a library)
& there are two of them...
Rob is basically moving everything OUT of our main floor...

Yesterday Rob and James (aka JJ)
went to buy new flooring!!!!!!!!
woo hoo!
So on now I have that stacked up in my dining room & kitchen :)

So... Books in boxes everywhere
Christmas ornaments in bins needing to be put in storage
Christmas books needing to be put in Storage
Flooring waiting to be put down
Snow gear all over the place because blessings are playing
2/3 of them any way
all that and all the lovely Christmas gifts we were blessed with!
Halleluia!

this chaos in the midst of my new life
my Lyme life
is rather a challenge...
My meds make me feel rather sick...
and there are soo soo many pills!

The diet is also 6% or less Low Carbohydrate diet...
it's just .... well
it's my blog right...
so I get to be honest...
and Jesus wouldn't want me to lie... :)
it's awful!
but...I've been on pretty bad diets before...
I know I can do this...
well
with Christs help I can do this....
ONLY then
because ladies and gentleman
boys and girls
this diets really really is
icky....

Blood work didn't look so great either
my levels are as icky as the diet...
perhaps worse...
the only way I think I was functioning was via
JESUS
and those beautiful carbs
sugars (in the form of rassberries, blueberries & chocolate)
and coffee...
yes yes yes!
I LOVE coffee
I love Starbucks coffee in particular,
Venti Vanilla Latte extra pump vanilla with Whip CREAM!!!!!!!!!!
ooooo I love this!
I also love homemade coffee,
my hunk of a husband makes great coffee for me
and taught the Princess and Caspian how!
hmmm, we grind our own beans...
I use 1/2 & 1/2 and stevia...
why stevia...
it's low glycemic index of course...
(I NEED it... did you see how much sugar I get when I happen by a Starbucks???)

So there is no coffee on this diet....
no none
not even decaf
not EVEN!

Just tea...
oh, but YOU like tea
you say to me...
yes... but do you realise HOW I take my tea?
I take my tea several ways...
If it's English breakfast
which is a black tea blend, so so delicious
I take it with milk and lemon...
hmmm
IF it's herbal
I take it with
honey.... and maybe lemon
If its a white just honey
if's a green tea HONEY preferrably with lemon
if its a red tea HONEY

do you see a theme here....
HONEY... honey HONEY...
a little bit of Winnie the Pooh lives here deep down inside of me..
and this %^&#^$&*#  DIET
allows for NO honey..
nope none
not a smidge
not a morsel
not a smackeral
none
not even...
agave!
shocking ...not even stevia...
just lemon...
not even milk...
and BLACK tea is OUT
only herbal...
talk about a LACK of variety...

so... herbal tea with lemon ONLY or lime.. who wants LIME in their tea???
what am I a SAILOR??
JUST because I have LYME disease doesn't mean I want to SUCK on a lime!
Water
Tea
and V8
but not V8 splash
and tomato juice
but NOTHING out of a can...
Glass preferred...

think of the magician in Frosty the snow man
"PICKY PICKY"

That said, Christmas came,
and with it wonderful chocolates,
delicious coffees
gift certificates to beautiful Starbucks
and restaurants...
and I ...
I
eat lettuce
and boring chicken
and melon..
O melon...
I have eaten more melon in 1 1/2 days than I know what to say..
Melon does NOT replace
tortilla's and spicy salsa
no,
and it does NOT replace
yummy berries...

So between the diet
and the meds that make me feel sick
and the house in total chaos...
and the levels in my blood that are OUT of control...

Life is good...
Chrismas was nice...
We seem to be on task...
and we are forging ahead...
Perhaps they will survive my sad
coveting eyes when they eat
ICE CREAM in front of me...
how LONG can they torture me with this diet...

Phase one is about 1 month....
praying for me, is welcomed!
:)
Perhaps...
I should load all that amazing chocolate up and put it into storage
so I can enjoy when we get where ever we are going...
and I am all healed...
:)
because watching the MR
eat it..
well..
it's making me sad...

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Anika I'm so glad that the cause of your health issues was finally discovered after years and years. But still this is hard news to deal with, praying for you :) Why the diet...is it to help starve the evil bacteria???

I hope that you feel better soon and can eat a chunck of chocolate soon too.
Love Alicia missed you guys on Christmas eve:( Miss you guys period!

sweetnika said...

Well, the icky diet is for two reasons that I can tell... one is because a good cleanse can only help me :)
and two, the MASSIVE amounts of antibiotics (which totally freaked out the pharmasist) will just reak havok in my inners... and we need to prevent any candida growth...
We are attacking it 3 ways... I should perhaps blog on that :) ha! great question!
I miss you too!!

Kathryn Grace said...

OHHH, my daddy can sympathize! We found out he has candida a few months ago... no coffee, no sweeteners, no fruit (except lemon and lime and avocado which seems like a veggie!). It's a good thing he can have meat because he would die otherwise! He feels pretty much like you do about it... :-)