we have waited... sometimes patiently
sometimes not so much...
for an honest to goodness answer to questions we've had regarding my health...
I have several illnesses, and yet...
my doctors all agree...
there's SOMETHING else..
and none of them could figure out WHAT...
I have been diagnosed...
and misdiagnosed with
well....
just about everything...
really...
things so horrible and frightful you'd lay awake at night shuddering....
I have been told also
disPITe
actual test results SHOWING something WAS amiss,
that it was IN my head
that I was a "hypocondriac"
in need of "psychiatric" treatment..
only to have other doctors say THOSE doctors were IN NEED OF TREATMENT...
and humbly admit the problem was they simply didn't KNOW where to look anymore
but that something was wrong...
We've altered our environment and are still in the process of doing that...
and so we've lived...
coping,
altering things here and there,
lifestyle changes
dietary changes
air quality changes,
water filters even on the shower, because I would break out in hives
each
and every time I would shower...
not fun..
but NOT worth whining about either ...
not after 18 or 19 years...
it's just NOT worth complaining..
you learn to cope
to manage
to manueuver...
and press on...
Walking in the Lord
resting in Him,
Hoping in Him
has made this whole thing seem more like
well...
an adventure...
like a big FAT adventure...
Have you ever read Pilgrims Progress?
Or Hind's Feet in High Places?
Well... Pilgrims Progress has been one of my FAVORITE books for YEARS and years :)
and recently...
the Lord laid it on Amy and Dave Roller's heart
to mail me a copy of
Hind's feet in high places!
and it is fast becoming a favorite!
Thank you Roller Family! YOU are truly a blessing! :)
These books are a wonderful reminder to the believer of the adventure walking in Christ Can BE!
even in suffering!
even in Trials!
many days, weeks, even months, there is so much joy,
so much fun, so much LOVE
that I don't even NOTICE the pain,
or the fatigue...
not like I could be noticing it :)
and sometimes, I am a real grumpy bear, as Buddy likes to say :)
smothering me with much needed kisses and hugs!
I am thankful to the Lord for the Blessings
Caspian, Buddy and Princess Ki...
I am thankful for my AMAZINGLY loving and supportive husband...
who works so hard to support us,
is so full of grace in the messes,
and is SO quick to HELP out even in the little things :)
So you can bet we've prayed..
We've seen countless doctors...
had countless surgeries...
countless er visits...
countless meds
countless countless EVERYTHING... :)
and we finally got an answer
the day before Christmas...
I have Lyme Disease...
Which can explaine so many of my other problems...
like MCS
Hashimoto's
Allergies
Arthritis
and on and on and on
We are in the process of learning all about LYME...
Researching like mad...
I am sure you can IMAGINE :)
That and the HUGE implements in my life this is having....
I am undertaking a MASSIVE dietary change
HUGE doses of antibiotics (2 different kinds)
thankfully right now I am still on pills, and not yet on IV
as well as ooooodles of different supplements to help my body detox
and be supported.... as this is a MAJOR undertaking...
LYME is a NASTY disease and can take a LONG time to get rid of...
especially when you've had it just shy of 20 years ...
I've probably had it near 19 years now....
It can imbed itself into your white blood cells,
into your flesh, bone, brain...
and we need to GET IT OUT....
SO ... here's to
the LIGHT (Jesus thank you) at the end of MY tunnel (lyme disease-nice to finally KNOW your name)
It's so nice to KNOW what I am facing
when I've been battling this all along...
so nice to know
It IS NOT "in my head"
there isn't anything for me to just "get over"
There IS something wrong with me...
and now we know there IS something we can start DOING about it...
and one thing I get to start doing about it...
is resting...
guilt free ...
LORD thank you!!!!!
no more guilt when I feel like I am gonna DROP!
talk about ANSWERED PRAYERS!
I will perhaps
be sharing what I learn about Lyme on this little blog, if you are interested :)
It is practically the #1 infectious disease in the country...
ya might want to know some of it...
but... it's still just us here...
nothing much has changed...
just that we KNOW something we didn't know..
and that...
is a JOYFUL thing indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was a great Christmas present to get :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Anika,
What a blessing to have a diagnosis!! Often that is half the battle right there and even though YOU know its not in your head, you want those around you to KNOW its not in your head and yes, to not have that lingering guilt I completely understand. I will be praying for you as you head into specific treatment. Email me sometime (trish@markmountan.com), I have a couple of thoughts. Do not think I have Lyme, but have looked into it quite a bit and have a friend that knows a ton about this and may be able to help at some point. You may already be on information overload though and in that case just ignore me! :) Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Wow, what a relief to FINALLY know what it is you are dealing with!!! Still doesn't make it any more fun but at least you are no longer in the dark about it.
Praying you will be healed SOON!!
We should get together sometime, it has been such a while.... is Princess still playing the harp??
thank you so much for the prayers!
I would really enjoy getting together! Yes the Princess is still playing, though not with an instructor right now... unfortunatly that just has not worked out since coming back from France... She's studying Piano, but we've not had time to start studying harp too.. so she just plays... and I love to sit and listen :)
Perhaps I should come with her harp and we could have a duo harp day! :)
Post a Comment