What a movie!
Just a Classic! A must see, and one we DO see each and every year!
The songs, the dances, the jokes, seriously great humor for the whole family!
the routines are just the best!
oh and the little "romance"...
Wallace & Davis ...
and those lovely Haines Sisters...
Which characters do you love best?..
well,
to be HONEST with you..
i love General Waverly...
I do...
I love the General...
I cry when they spring the suprise on him...
When he blows out the candles...
I get choked up when he gets the "rejection" letter from his pal in the army..
I just LOVE the General...
I get SO angry at the Housekeeper for gossiping...
and BELIEVING the ugly things about Wallace...
but LOVE the ending when the snow comes down...
and they start singing the Snow song again...
like they sang in the diner car on the train...
:)
Have you seen this lovely movie?
It has little to do with the birth of Christ... if ANYTHING at all..
it has a LOT to do with reconcilation...
giving thanks in ways that are from the HEART,
and yet...
are reaching deep, and being HANDS and feet..
About not holding people up as idols
not standard bearing,
about believing, hoping,
It throws in music, dance and great classic singalongs :)
and for our family it's a regular...
For me... that General..
I LOVE THE GENERAL :)
He's just super :)
just another movie review for you! :)
Monday, December 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
For years this was my sister and my top favorite movie and we'd want to watch it EVERY week! :-) We'd play we were the Haines sisters, (Kathryn was Betty and I was Judy) and sing "Sisters" and such a lot. We haven't seen it for a while but it is such a fun one!
Love you guys! Miss you lots!
OOOO I miss you too!!! I so would love to see you! Perhaps you could even perform "sisters" ha ha... just kidding,, i wouldn't make you, though IF you were, lets say... inspired... I would LOVE it!
:)
Happy Happy Christmas beloved!!!
I hope all that IS righteous and beautiful and good, reigns in your homes this Christmas as we ALL Celebrate the Birthday of KING Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment