Friends ...
They aren't family...
Their blood does not course through our veins
Their paths often travel along ours for great lengths of time..
Their ways sometimes are not
our ways
and yet...
they are such a blessing..
They are quick with laughter
and words of encouragement...
Good friends have ways of lightening a load
if not in physical ways..
than in spiritual ways...
Ways that lift us up
and do not put us down..
Yesterday was a hard day...
The Man is out on buisness,
and I am "herxing"...
have insomnia and barely sleep at all..
have
laundry to do,
dishes to do...
dusting to do..
yes I hear you..
LEAVE it...
easier said than done..
especially when you and your kids are allergic to it...
nausea sweeping over me,
and blessings who are...
not always the beacon of ambition...
That said
when I woke this morning
and things were off already..
I felt really quite ill..
I just knew I couldn't go to my friends house
for our pre planned
"Parent TEACHER meetings / Kid Socialization / Free play DAY"
no.. I didn't think I could get there at all...
the phone rings.
and a DIFFERENT gal pal calls...
Seems the Lord laid me on her heart this morning,
and she called with love
encouragement
grace
and words of affermation...
Thank you...
When my friend Diane called me back a little bit later
the one who I had my "day planned with"
I shared my heart with her.
I shared my day with her...
and guess what!
She showed up with LUNCH for the kids...
Took my son to his KARATE class
and now Buddy, Caspian & Princess each have a friend over to play with...
So it COULD seem like
I traded in ONE big help
"Caspian"
for two extra kids...
big mistake...
right?
NOT at all..
Caspian is THRILLED to be with her son..
and each of my kids is thrilled to have time with one of their pals...
They all DID get their school done..
Princess & Caspian PASSED those
DIFFICULT EXAMINATIONS
and Caspian is ON to the next level of Math..
while the Princess has about one more week
till she too passes into the next level...
In the end..
I AM ACTUALLY resting...
my kids GOT all their work done
extra hands have lightened my load
and everyone is happy...
ONLY God can do this...
create this extra wonderful blessing
BEYOND the ties of blood and family...
to lighten our load
lift our spirit,
make us laugh
and rest a little easier...
because our God IS good
all the time
even on our darker days...
Family is about the most fabulous thing in the world
Friendship is a close second...
thank you Lord for the healing Balm of friendship
and it's work in our home today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment