oooo I have been pregnant...
THIS is not fair...
BEEN there
done THAT
the awful nausea of "morning sickness"
ought only be left with those who will receve the ULTIMATE
BLESSING FROM HEAVEN...
nausea
I remember this...
or something sort of "like" this
I remember this not being This bad..
I do NOT remember it being CONSTANT
I remember certain triggers...
like smells or foods
that brought it on...
or morning illness...
it was awful...
but there was that promise to come with it...
This is different...
for I am NOT pregnant....
ugh...
and so many pills...
really soo soo many
and there is no promise..
none
they don't dare..
Bb the virus that causes Lyme
is a spirochete.....
not at all UNLIKE syphillis...
and It is even called
the Second Great Imposter..
the First being ... syphillis...
it took the world 400 years to figure that spirochete out..
and from what I am reading ...
they still can't reproduce it in their own little dishes in the lab to study..
it's that tricky...
They've only been looking
really look into lyme for 25-30 years...
They learned about LYME in in 75...
but they didn't find that little spirochete..
that actual blood born pathogen till a few years later...
and so...
there are still no promises...
They are still learning..
Many are still in denial... about what this disease is..
but we are hopeful...
and my doctor is "lyme literate"
He's "THE" guy to see if you have it...
if you even suspect...
and today...
in my nauseated condition...
I called....
I told them I couldn't swallow even the pills..
I have barely eaten in days...
I am just trying anything not to be "ill" so I don't
...loose... all those meds
meds cost money...
and i need them to make me better...
so...
the nurse listened....
and was kind..
and I expected her to do what most do..
talk to the doctor and call me back...
but she didn't...
she talked to the doctor all right..
and..
HE called me back..
He listened..
he was concerned..
HE cared..
He switched things up
and had me come in for some stuff
to help my tummy....
more than anything..
more than whether or not I feel better in the next 48 hours...
I am so thankful
that someone in the medical profession,
someone outside MY FAVORITE OBGYN :)
you know who you are!!!!!!!!!!!
someone outside my amazing surgeon :)
cared....
it's been a long time...
really...
since anyone listened..
Frankly
when I talk to doctors & nurses
I speak short hand ...
I am curt and to the point...
I have tried to hard, to long to try all the time...
Tonight was great..
to go to the office
where I am new,
and have them
KNOW my name by my face,
and say here's the stuff the doctor wants for you...
was just...
a breath of fresh air...
an answer to prayer...
May the Medical Profession take note...
Dearest Doctors of each and every specialityacross this great land,
and Dearest Nurses of every station in every office, clinic or hospital,
You may have gotten into this for nobel reasons...
You may care about your patients...
but all to often we don't know it..
many of you no longer show it...
don't be afraid to try...
We really appreciate when you show us your humanity...
your compassion, your smile...
It is a beautiful thing when you act like a friend
whose our personal expert...
It makes us want to put our complete trust in you...
When you speak kindly, and return our calls,
look AT our chart BEFORE coming into the room and asking what's wrong...
it shows us YOU are doing your job... you respect us...
and it makes US respect YOU...
When you aren't afraid to smile
or to laugh
or embarrassed when we burst into tears over news...
but choose to be loving in your position
it builds our confidence and compassion in and for you...
Don't think you're God... for you really, are not..
it is called "practicing medicine" for a reason...
and I think we all know why...
You're doing a great job, keep up the good work...
Keep practicing, you can only get better..
but never..no never think you know it all
got it all down, figured it all out..
because you haven't...
There is always someone who knows something YOU don't know
who can either teach you something
or make you look like a fool..
What's it gonna be..?
Too many times eyes get narrowed,
eyes that were wide eyed and idealistic not long ago...
and they no longer see possibilities,
they only see lables...
If you don't know something...
SAY so... and HELP us find someone who might!
We'll LOVE you for your integrity!
and reccomend you to friends and family...
Don't believe the Lies..
We don't all want a computer for a doctor...
Medicine is MORE than Science it is also an Art..
So practice it, with grace and humility,
tenderhearted, with lovingkindness...
don't grow cold,
warm up to us...
don't be afraid we will break your heart
because it's underneath that shell you'll find something amazing..
THE best DOCTOR you will EVER be...
a thankful patient....
on a cold winters night.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment