Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Spleen ...Part III

Well Kim @ Lymeaide has really done a beautiful job with her Part II of the SPLEEN.  Check it out!  She gives some lovely suggestions of foods to eat.... and Promises a recipe in her Part III :)

Something she does bring up that is important to consider is, the balance that needs to be weighed, and watched when on the amount of antibiotics that a Lyme patient is on... Candida patients and Lyme patients both are avoiding so many of the foods that the spleen needs, and in doing so, stressing this very important organ out... We need to perhaps take a step back, and really consider all our options.  Chosing wisely our foods... I have done the "Candida Purge, and following diet" on more than one occasion... but doing it THIS time, with the amount of medicine that I am on, the stress of the holidays, and the stress of getting a home up for sale, and ready for Buddy's birthday party, has been perhaps in TOTAL too much for my spleen... I knew while flying solo in my parenting, while Rob was in Costa Rica, that something was Terribly wrong..

My body was NOT reacting like it had in the past to the diet... Sure the diet was not ... exactly the same... but... this was abnormally differnt... the weight loss was extreme, the nausea & vomitting most abnormal, fatigue, OUT of control even for me... and all I could think of ...was wanting my azuki beans, some sweet potatos, my winter root soup, some warm cozy soups rather than thin dribbly soups.. I wanted thick pureed vegetable soups.. Reading all that I have in the last 24 hours, I now realize, my spleen was CRYING out for what it needed the most...   all of which the fancy diet on the piece of paper said NO to...

I am thankful the diet has changed, and I can with great care, feed my spleen and my body nourishing foods...

I also want to point out that Kim makes note of the Raw Food movement... One I also find exciting, and am researching.. Not that I will become a full fledged vegan, or raw food activist.. but I do LOVE the green smoothie... and many of the recipes..  but that the idea of NOT having the balance... can be dangerous to our systems... Something that Sally Fallon & Mary Enig write about so often in their book Nourishing Traditions...

Balance is important... and sometimes, when your equilibrium is off, when you are ill, or have something like vertigo, is really HARD to find... sometimes, we just don't even THINK to try to find Balance... Jesus talks about walking the straight and narrow with him... It makes me think of my neice on her balance beam in gymnastics.. That beam is pretty straight, and it's pretty narrow.. It demands balance.. It demands focus...It requires I know MY body, where it is, and what its doing, and the only way I will get from HERE to there... is putting with GRACE one foot, in front of another....

Check out Kim's article HERE  If you have any interest in learning MORE about balance & healing the spleen! :)  I highly recommend it, and am looking forward to the third installment :)  I see the doctor today, to see what HIS take is on my spleen is :)  Prayers ... always welcome! :)

No comments: