Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lyme Literate.... and all THAT jazz..

Everyone I meet, everyone I "chat" with on the net
about lyme tells me the same thing...
"what EVER you do, be SURE you have a LLMD"...

for those of you who are NEW to lyme
LIKE I am...
let's be real... I AM a total novice :)
LLMD is another one of those shortened terms...
first I realizes the MD was for Medical Doctor..
hmmm
as opposed to Doctor of Osteopath...
ok..
once I figured THAT much out.. I figured I was good..
I kept digging..
what was LL???
it was only an hour or so more digging before I figured out..
that LL meant Lyme Literate...
ok..
these lovely people want me to be SURE that I have a
Lyme Literate Medical Doctor...
makes sense right..
I mean... gee... it isn't like all MD's ARE!!!!!!!
I've been seeing oooodle's of them for 20 years and none of these
genius's have figured me out right! ?
ok...
ok..
My doctor seems pretty "literate".. he diagnosed me with
the "right" test.... right away...
I've met with him about... 4 times now.. he seems..
ok...
i guess...
but than again.. what do I KNOW???
I am a novice right?

Well, I like to research... why do they keep saying that...
why EVEN say..
"BE SURE to see a LLMD"...
is there a possibility that I might be seeing a doctor who ...
hmmm
isn't "literate" enough...
is "lyme literate" more than a discription but..
a title?

Seems it is... Seems that you OUGHT to have a LLMD who IS a member of
ILADS
oi vey... another one of those terms... right?
it stands for International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society
and apparantly being a member is ALL that....
like SUPER important...

Seeing as my dr... was the only one in a LONG line of doc's who figured it out..
and has all these fancy degrees.... EVERYWHERE..
and I HAVE only met him like... 4 times...
and I am just LEARNING all this..
frankly I didn't KNOW to even know to ask any of this...

When I finally looked ON this LIST...
yes there is a list..
a list OF LLMD 's in my area
and my dr is not on it..
in fact MY area is several states large and only about 5 dr's ARE on it..

My doc isn't on the ILADS list thingy either..
so...
hmmm
where does that leave a girl
???
who is really stressed about her "treatment" protocol...

It leaves her in PRAYER
and researching...
Next week is a big meeting for our local LYME chapter...
like a LYME support group I guess..
Rob and I plan on going..
I missed last month because I was herxing SO badly..
Praying I make this meeting :)
and learn more, about all these funny LETTERS and titles and groups...
and what exactly they mean...

till then...
eating NOURISHING food...
even if it's tiny amounts...

No comments: